HOME                                         ABOUT LILY                                                                                                                    FAVOURITE READS                                         PLAYLISTS





2.01.2014

017: making 2014 my year (fingers crossed!)

most of my goals this year are to do more than rather than less than of something. i've given up on the whole 'loose weight/be healthier' goal and focussed on things that actually matter/ that are more doable. i'm rather grateful for the lloyds bank 'make 2014 your year' app i have to say as it has helped out hugely with tips for the following and especially moving out! do you have any goals for 2014? if so i'd love to hear about them in the comments!


_DSC3735

✿ stitch! whsmith £5
✿ ladurée recipe book tkmaxx £10


after undertaking an unexpected gap year i'm determined to do more with my free time - even if it's something like starting a new hobby like cross stitching (which i have!).  this also entails travelling, probably not far but still doing more of it! 


_DSC3628

✿ type writer: charity shop £20


whilst i love making lists in my notebooks i hate having to write for long periods of time and this isn't due to the work load. i hate my handwriting. to the point where i would not revise during my gcses and a levels as i hated how untidy my revision looked. weird i know. but when my mum asked if i had gotten alex a valentines day card and my response was no she suggested i purchase a typewriter she'd seen in a charity shop. i didn't need much persuading as i've always wanted to be a girl in orla kiely's typing pool but i am hoping it'll in encourage me to write more!

_DSC3656

✿ suitcases: cath kidston similar here £24

this also includes getting a job and saving up! and something i don't mind saying will probably happen in the latter half of the year as it requires a lot of saving up. either way the make 2014 your year app has been really informative on this subject as i have no idea where to start!


_DSC3719

✿ flower vase: cath kidston (old!)

i hardly ever have flowers in my bedroom but when i do they make me feel a lot happier so i think they are something i should purchase frequently.


_DSC3686_2

this is quite simply a pledge to read all the unread books i possess over this year! as well as all the other books i've promised myself after reading these! i used to read so much as a child but it's something that i barely do as much now i'm more into social media and blogging - which whilst i love really shouldn't replace a book! 


«currently in the record player: arctic monkeys am» 

lots of love,
lily 

9 comments:

  1. lovely little post lily, theses things are probably more rewarding in the long run !
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute post! one of my 2014 goals is to read more too, i used to read so much until, like you say, social media came along! even though i study english literature, it's difficult sometimes. i absolutely adore your blog :)
    Rebecca x

    www.ashysjournal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post! Your typewriter is just stunning, and so picture perfect too! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, so cute. And your photography is always adorable.
    I need to check out this app :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely goals you have for 2014 ! Some of them actually mirror the ones I set for myself at the beginning of the year ! I too plan to move out in the latter half of the year :) I am also set on getting around to complete that novel I am never satisfied with and consequently abandon every single time :)

    I do hope you will achieve all, if not, some of these goals :)
    xxx

    Valeria

    Ps: That typewriter is dreamy ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this post! Do more is definitely a good one, it doesn't have to be big things and I'm so bored of the same old same old, so finding something new to do would be so refreshing! Reading is another one I would like to do, I absolutely love reading I never find the time though and really would love to! Also that typewriter is absolutely stunning, I'm sure it looks lovely in your room. I'm sure you'll have a lovely year if you complete all these
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post Lily! It has gotten me very inspired and motivated (especially with the book goal and writing goal).

    Best of luck, I'm sure you will make 2014 fantastic

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the sugar Ladurée recipe book from Homesense, I really want the savoury one now!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. reading more books is definitely on my list as well! great goals ;)
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete